Are you frustrated because you do a great job for your clients but fail to properly promote your own services and leverage the expertise of your team? Have you tried to gain traction with the media, but were just not able to figure out what makes your company newsworthy? Do you ever think “We do such great work here. I only wish more people knew about it…”
In today’s digital age, your clients have more and more options to choose from every day. And in order to become top of mind for your customers, you first must take control of your messaging and begin to articulate your value. I’ve created a brand strategy day to help you chart a path forward.
Join me in Washington, DC for an in-person strategy day focused on your BRAND, CONTENT, MEDIA or SALES strategy.
If you’re looking for better language to describe what your company does, insight into your value proposition, or a plan to tackle social media and content creation over the next twelve months – and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and knock out the bulk of the planning in one glorious sitting – a strategy day is for you.
The strategy day is for action-takers who don’t have the patience to sit through a six month mastermind and don’t want to wait 9 months for a great conference. The strategy day is a way to make major headway in a specific area of your business in a short amount of time.
Is this right for you?
- Do you spend all of your time working with clients and you need to the time and space to reflect with a sounding board?
- Is your brand out of date? Do you need help determining what updates to make to your website, marketing language and/or materials?
- In the past, have you had clients “fall in your lap” but now you’re ready to get intentional and strategic about branding, marketing and business development?
- Is your marketing haphazard and not working in any kind of larger strategy?
- Do you need to stand out more in your field so that you can secure larger clients and more lucrative contracts?
- Does the media seem to always cover your competitors and never mention you?
- Even though you know your company does amazing work, do you feel not enough people in the industry and outside of it know about the work that you’re doing?
- Do you suspect that you’re missing opportunities online, but not quite sure how to maximize your online marketing and social media?
Choose from four focus options with corresponding outcomes:
BSD – Brand Strategy Day
CSD – Content Strategy Day
MSD – Media Strategy Day
SSD – Sales Strategy Day
Depending on the strategy day you choose (BSD, CSD or MSD), the following are just a few examples of the things you can expect to walk away with
- BSD: clarity around your company’s strengths and most marketable points and new language for your website and marketing materials which you can use to describe your value to potential customers, growth areas for business development – new product/service ideas and more
- CSD: a calendar and plan for social media and content creation, including content topics
- MSD: a publicity strategy to help you attract media attention including multiple media angles, four media pitches and a media list
- SSD: a networking plan, written sales scripts and a simple sales funnel to help you turn fans and followers into customers
The Strategy Day is your opportunity to get out of the day to day, rise up from the weeds and think strategically about your brand and business.
Our Brand Strategy Day sets the foundation for your brand. Whether you’re starting a new venture or reinvigorating your brand with new products and services, the BSD will:
- Clarify your company’s strengths and most marketable points
- Establish your positioning and align your positioning with your digital presence, wardrobe and more
- Create new language for your website and marketing materials which you can use to describe your value to potential customers,
- Identify growth areas for business development – outline 1-2 new product or services
- Pinpoint organizations, influencers and opportunities that reinforce your brand promise
“For the past five years, I toyed with the idea of starting a business, Even though I had broad ideas, I didn’t know where to start. Finally, I made the decision to start a consulting company. Like times before, I knew what I wanted to do, but didn’t know how to do it. Then I started working with Amanda. Not only did she walk me through personal branding strategies to launch my company, but also transformed the way I perceived business. Specifically, as it relates to branding, she made me visually attractive to the world by overhauling my social media outlets, designing a top-notch website, and creating professional collateral materials. In addition to the technical expertise she has demonstrated, Amanda has served as a thought partner. After years of being confused with the launch of my company, Amanda’s work is the reason for my dream coming true.”
Do you have expertise that needs to be communicated as content, but you have a difficult time getting your thoughts out into the world so they can help others? Do you need a doable social media marketing strategy to promote your services? If so, the Content Strategy Day is for you.
During the CSD, we will work together to:
- assess your current online presence
- step-by-step social media how-tos specific to your platforms of choice
- outline your writing topics and headlines
- outline a new content vehicle – i.e. a webshow, podcast or even a book!
- create a social media editorial content calendar to use over the next twelve months
“Amanda helped us both optimize and streamline our social media management. The results have been GREAT: our following has grown, we’ve trained more staff, and we’ve streamlined how we generate content and maximize our presence online.”– Richard Weinberg | Communications Director, Washington National Cathedral
“[Through the half-day social media training] Amanda helped inspire us to connect with the world around us, and has done so with patience and care. No question was too unimportant to spend time discussing. I highly recommend her for anyone who is interested in learning how to increase their communication, their productivity and their work results!”
– Ana Van Balen | Regional Director, MidCounty Montgomery County Maryland
“Amanda helped us optimize our social media content creation – we really enjoyed working with her and have seen great results.”
– Claire Schaefer Oleksiak | President – Mount Vernon Square BID ( formerly of Capitol Riverfront BID
Have you wondered why your competitors get all of the praise, awards, speaking gigs, when their services and products aren’t as effective as yours? It’s because they are clear on their brand, they market themselves, and aggressively go after opportunities. The good news is, with the right strategy, your team can, too.
If you are specifically looking for more media and press opportunities, the Media Strategy Day is for you. During the MSD, together we will:
- tease out the quarterly media ideas you will use for the rest of the year
- pre-write your seasonal email pitches
- build a customized media list
- send one email media pitch for practice
- schedule your outreach for the rest of the year
“I was thrilled with Amanda’s work ethic, her creativity and her results. So if you’re looking for a great PR person who will strive to understand your needs, bring you new ideas and help you think strategically about your business, talk to Amanda. She rocks!
– Angelique Rewers | The Corporate Agent and INSIDE EDGE Conference
“When I first contacted Amanda, I was passionate about my therapy services, but frustrated because I was new to my industry and no one knew about me. As a young therapist and newly minted business owner, I knew I was providing life-changing, relationship-saving therapy services to my clients, but I was lost when it came to getting my name out there.
“When I first launched my book 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse, I reached out to Amanda ago help us increase our visibility and to get the word out about my book. Amanda helped us secure numerous TV and radio segments that helped catapult my book to a national bestseller! Her overall professionalism, creativity and commitment to my project was sensational!”
– JJ Smith | Weight Loss Expert, Nutritionist at JJ Smith, and Author of the New York Times Bestselling 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
If you have a great brand but you need more clients, the Sales Strategy Day is for you. During the SSD, together we will:
- identify the best clients that are a match for your brand
- determine where your best clients are and plan your networking strategy
- write sales scripts you can use to close new clients
- create a simple sales funnel for social media
Branding your company better is not as complicated as you may think. But it starts with a decision to take the time to step away from the business so that you can see your opportunities more clearly.
You’ve done a great job getting to this point. Let’s take the time to reflect on where you’ve been so you can get a new perspective on where you could go.
If you are ready to realize your full potential, let’s work together to uncover your strengths, articulate your company value and develop a plan to build your brand in the marketplace.
“I’ve taken workshops geared towards new entrepreneurs before, and while I received good tidbits of
information, it was difficult for me to fit the pieces of the puzzle together. My starting point remained fuzzy, and I felt stalled and uncertain. Working with Amanda provided the clarity I needed to take the first steps towards starting a profitable business.
I left our session not overwhelmed with info, but with the clear, actionable steps, the inspiration, and even the fab reading list I needed to move forward with my business vision. She was just the oomph I needed. Amanda helped me to realize the value of my skills and services, and to become confident in what I have to offer. She’s the ideal coach.
Amanda’s approach is not a cookie-cutter one—she took the time to understand my passions, vision and goals, and used that intel to define a plan best suited for me. Since our session, I’ve acquired two new clients and transitioned existing clients into more profitable services. How’s that for ROI?”
– Stefanie Manns | Words by Stef
“Amanda delivered time and time again on our media objectives and infused our media plan and strategy with innovative ideas and energy. If you’re in need of fresh marketing perspective, consistent media exposure and communications expertise, I highly recommend Amanda!”
– Kimberly Henderson | Director of Housing and Community Development Greater Washington Urban League
Trying to figure our your NEXT MOVE? Get the inquiry process I use.
Enter your details to download this easy to use assessment that includes the very process of inquiry I use to help me focus on my next move and determine a new area of opportunity. Whether you're thinking about a new niche, client demographic, product line or promotional strategy, this assessment will help you get the clarity you need to begin a successful pivot.